House Connection Details
How to obtain a new water supply connection?
- Check whether it is an area where piped water supply is available.
- Check for the closest NWSDB Office & collect the application form for a new water supply connection. (or download blank application form following section)
- Fill the application form and submit at the NWSDB office with copies of supporting documents.
- An Engineering Assistant or the Officer-in-Charge will make an inspection to your premises to take measurements and prepare a cost estimate. This will take a maximum of 7 days depending on the number of outstanding applications. (where the pipeline details are available in the GIS at the Office, the cost estimate will be given to the applicant at the time of applying)
- Where the road pavement has to be cut open to give the new connection, a road reinstatement charge has to be paid to the relevant Local/ Road Authority. The relevant Authority and amount payable will be intimated to the applicant along with the cost estimate.
- AT this stage, the applicant can make the payment. The payment to the Local/ Road authority has to be made to them directly by the applicant. The applicant shows evidence of making both payments (where applicable) to the NWSDB office.
- The applicant signs an agreement with the NWSDB. (this agreement format can be viewed in the following section)
- The water supply connection is provided within a maximum of 4 days after the payment is made.
- Application Form: Domestic (Version: 2012 August)
[PDF - 1.30 MB]
- Application Form: Non-Domestic
- Water Connection Agreement
[PDF - 59 KB]
|Imposing a Fee for Issuance of Water Clearance Certificate/ Cost Estimates for Works in Colombo and other Municipal Council Areas View details|
|Get Free Adobe PDF Reader Now|